RP Weekly Recap | March 21 – 25
Under a new SEC proposal, it won’t be enough for companies to show their support for the climate with a tweet on Earth Day. For the first time, they’ll have to divulge their greenhouse gas emissions. This week, Wall Street’s top regulator gave its initial approval to a new rule that would require public companies to disclose their emissions and the risks that climate change poses for their business. The ultimate goal? To create a standardized process for companies to report their role in climate change. Check out this story and more in this week’s recap of all things happening in oil and gas!
- Number of Cases (Worldwide): 478,155,078 (up from 466,658,216 last week)
- Number of Cases (USA): 79,906,877 (up from 79,695,876 last week)
- Statistics courtesy of Johns Hopkins
Financial & Economic Updates
U.S. Oil Market News
- SEC Floats Mandatory Disclosure of Climate-Change Risks, Emissions
- BofA: Critical Levels At Cushing May Lead To Historic Short Squeeze In Oil
- U.S. Sees Highest Gasoline Demand Since At Least 2017
- L.A. Gas Price Hits $6
- Oil Prices Fall Despite Surprise Draw In Crude Inventories
- Biden’s Pursuit of Venezuelan Oil While Shunning U.S. Energy and Keystone XL Slammed
- The U.S. Is Preparing To Send Major LNG Shipments To Europe
- U.S. Oil Production Recovery Speeds Up
- Whiptail Midstream Acquires San Juan Assets from DJR Energy
Global Market News
- Houthi Rebels Target Saudi Energy Infrastructure Again
- Pentagon Pulls Missle Defense, Other Systems From Saudi Arabia and Other Middle East Countries
- Aramco Profit Hits $110 Billion as Saudis Seek to Expand Investments
- UAE Fast-Tracks Goal To Reach 5 Million Bpd Production Capacity
- Gas Flaring In Mexico Hits Record High
- OPEC Warns A EU Ban On Russian Oil Could Have Serious Consequences
- Ukraine Says Russia Accidentally Bombed Its Own Rosneft Refinery
- Putin Demands Ruble Payment for Gas, Escalating Energy Fight
- Economy Adds a Whopping 678,000 Jobs in February, Blowing Past Expectations – the unemployment rate dipped to 3.8%
United States Rig Count
- Up 7 from last week for a total of 670
- Up 60.6% from one year ago
- Statistics courtesy of Baker Hughes
RARE PETRO Updates
Content Updates – News Pulse – Podcast
- A New Basin Breakdown for the month of February is available now! Be sure to check out the latest articles and Basin Breakdown Podcast!
- Last week we looked at blended ethanol to analyze if it made economic or energetic sense to produce. This week’s prime target is “biogas,” an umbrella term that looks to harness the wasted energy of food production and animal husbandry. Check out our latest Periodical to find out more!
- Curious about the U.S. Orphan Oil & Gas Wells Nationwide Elimination Program? Check out our coverage of the topic HERE!
- Episode Seventeen of The Industry Leader Spotlight Podcast is available now! Be sure to check out our interview with Cary Stockdell, CEO of Stockdell Stringer Leadership Solutions!
- RARE PETRO is the tik talk of the town! Short-form content to educate both the public or industry professionals is available NOW! Check out our latest Tik Tok Video uncovering what Hollywood does not understand about a blowout.
- RARE PETRO and Rainmaker GBD collaborate on a monthly newsletter highlighting everything you need to know about the energy sector. This is a video interview with RARE PETRO’s Anthony McDaniels as he speaks on the biggest stories and dives a little bit deeper into supporting data. Welcome to the second edition of “Side Chat”.
- Grab a drink and join us for our newest segment, Thirsty Thursday: An Inventory Report to see if we’ve been poured another tall glass of crude and whether or not the U.S. was thirsty enough to suck down another round.
- As Always, A New Monday Madness Podcast!
Click below to subscribe to the RARE
PETRO Podcast Network or visit
The information contained in this newsletter is provided by RARE
PETRO Engineering, PLLC via the linked sources unless otherwise