RP Weekly Recap | March 16-20
The impacts of COVID-19 (virus name, SARS-Coronavirus-2) ripple across the political, economic, and personal spectrum. State shuttering, oil price crash, and the onset of a recession are the leading events of the week.
- Number of Cases (Worldwide): 250,856
- Number of Cases (USA): 3,297
- California Orders Lockdown for State’s 40 Million Residents (Link)
- Italy’s Coronavirus Death Toll Overtakes China’s (Link)
Financial & Economic Updates
US Oil Market News
- U.S. Considers Intervention in Saudi-Russia Oil Standoff (Link)
- Halliburton Furloughs 3,500 Employees (Link)
- US Shale Sector Slashing Capital Budgets (Link)
Global Market News
- The Next Coronavirus Financial Crisis: Record Piles of Risky Corporate Debt (Link)
- Saudi announces plan to boost oil exports to record high of 10 MMbpd from May (Link)
- EIA’s projected 2020 Brent Average of $43 per barrel looking very optimistic (Link)
- Alberta’s Oil Industry on Life Support (Link)
- Oilfield services major Halliburton will furlough 3,500 employees for two months amid a drive to cut costs in the U.S. shale industry following the oil price rout sparked by the combination of a viral pandemic and an oil price war.
- The 3,500 employees will work alternating weekly schedules – one on, one off – during the period. They will only be paid for the weeks worked, Halliburton said.
RARE PETRO Updates
Content Updates – News Pulse – Podcast
RP will begin rolling out a series of content updates and expansions this next week.
- A weekly podcast called “Monday Madness” – that highlights the events of the prior week in a digestible format. Check it out on Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud, and Spotify!
- The monthly podcast is being rebranded to be the “RP Basin Breakdown”
- Every Friday we will be posting this summary page, highlighting high-level industry events of the week in a single page format.
- This page will also include updates on RARE PETRO’s end, and any COVID-19 news we can find.
Click above to subscribe to the RARE
PETRO Podcast Network or visit
The information contained in this newsletter is provided by RARE
PETRO Engineering, PLLC via the linked sources unless otherwise
Subscribe To News Pulse
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates from our team.