RP Weekly Recap | January 10 – 14
Much like in-person gatherings, greenhouse gases rebounded in a big way last year. According to a new report, as COVID restrictions eased in 2021, U.S. greenhouse gas emissions jumped 6.2%. That represents a sharp U-turn from the days of 2020 when emissions plunged 10% for their largest yearly drop on record. While analysts were anticipating a bounce-back in emissions in 2021, the data provides a stark reminder that the U.S. is falling behind its climate targets. Check out this story and more in this week’s recap of all things happening in oil and gas!
- Number of Cases (Worldwide): 322,242,878 (up from 301,309,275 last week)
- Number of Cases (USA): 64,533,959 (up from 58,794,313 last week)
- Statistics courtesy of Johns Hopkins
Financial & Economic Updates
U.S. Oil Market News
- U.S. Greenhouse Emissions Rose in 6.2% 2021, Making it Unlikely Climate Targets Will Be Met
- U.S. Emissions Jumped In 2021 As Coal Power Generation Surged
- Biden May Cut 2022 Biofuel Blending Mandates: Report
- Biden Administration To Reduce Oil-Drilling Lease Area In Alaska
- Cold Weather In North Dakota And Alberta Forces Oil Producers To Curb Production
- Higher Natural Gas Prices Push Up U.S. Wholesale Electricity Prices
- API Shocks With Very Large Gasoline Build
- EIA Sees Oil Prices Dropping In 2022, 2023
- U.S. Oil Production To Hit New Record In 2023
- Coal To Make Up 85% Of U.S. Power Capacity Retirements In 2022
- The U.S. Spent $1.1B On Failed Carbon Capture Projects In A Decade
- Illinois Court Vacates Approval of Dakota Access Pipeline Capacity Expansion
- Falcon Minerals Agrees to $1.9 Billion All-stock Merger with Desert Peak
- Enterprise Surprises Market with $3.25 Billion Cash Acquisition of Navitas Midstream
Global Market News
- Libya Struggles To Restore Oil Supply Despite End Of Three-Week Blockade
- UK Energy Supplier: Cuddle Your Pet To Lower Your Bill
- Kazakhstan’s Oil Output To Return To Pre-Unrest Level Within Days
- Mexico Slashes Pemex Debt By $3.2 Billion
- Norway Is Determined To Boost Oil Discoveries
- The Yemen War: An Underestimated Risk For Oil Prices
- Saudi Aramco Buys Stake In Refinery In Russia’s Backyard
- 2022 Sees a Labor Market Reaching Full Employment – the pace of job growth has slowed, but that may turn out to be a good thing
United States Rig Count
- UP 13 from last week for a total of 601
- Up 61.1% from one year ago
- Statistics courtesy of Baker Hughes
RARE PETRO Updates
Content Updates – News Pulse – Podcast
- Blended ethanol is something RARE PETRO has covered in the past, but 2022 could be a truly pivotal year for the fuel component. Why? Well, check out our latest Periodical to find out!
- Episode Seventeen of The Industry Leader Spotlight Podcast is available now! Be sure to check out our interview with Cary Stockdell, CEO of Stockdell Stringer Leadership Solutions!
- A New Basin Breakdown for the month of November is available now! Be sure to check out the latest articles and Basin Breakdown Podcast!
- RARE PETRO is the tik talk of the town! Short-form content to educate both the public or industry professionals is available NOW! Check out our latest Tik Tok Video uncovering what Hollywood does not understand about a blowout.
- RARE PETRO and Rainmaker GBD collaborate on a monthly newsletter highlighting everything you need to know about the energy sector. This is a video interview with RARE PETRO’s Anthony McDaniels as he speaks on the biggest stories and dives a little bit deeper into supporting data. Welcome to the second edition of “Side Chat”.
- Grab a drink and join us for our newest segment, Thirsty Thursday: An Inventory Report to see if we’ve been poured another tall glass of crude and whether or not the U.S. was thirsty enough to suck down another round.
- As Always, A New Monday Madness Podcast!
Click below to subscribe to the RARE
PETRO Podcast Network or visit
The information contained in this newsletter is provided by RARE
PETRO Engineering, PLLC via the linked sources unless otherwise