RP Weekly Recap | November 29 – December 3
OPEC and its allies agreed to stick to their existing policy of monthly oil output increases despite fears that a U.S. release from crude reserves and the new Omicron coronavirus variant would lead to a fresh oil price rout. The decision forced benchmark Brent prices to fall more than $1 after the deal was reported, before recovering some ground to trade around $70 a barrel. It is now well below October’s three-year highs above $86 but still more than 30% up from the start of 2021. Check out this story and more in this week’s recap of all things happening in oil and gas!
- Number of Cases (Worldwide): 264,438,500 (up from 256,395,565 last week)
- Number of Cases (USA): 48,833,401 (up from 47,539,865 last week)
- Statistics courtesy of Johns Hopkins
Financial & Economic Updates
U.S. Oil Market News
- More Oil Now, Less Oil Later: Biden’s Tricky Message on Energy
- Biden Administration Considers Ban On U.S. Oil Exports
- U.S. Strategic Oil Reserves Could Fall By 50% Over The Next Decade
- Biden’s Blunder Could Send Oil Prices To $100
- Texas Adopts Rules for Natural Gas, Power Coordination after February Freeze
- Cushing Crude Inventories Are Rising As Oil Prices Fall
- US Senator Warren Lashes Out at Energy Companies Over Natural Gas Prices
- As American Gasoline Prices Soar, Some Blame Ethanol
- Refiner Phillips 66 Signs Renewable Jet Fuel Deal With British Airways
- Goodrich Petroleum Agrees to $480 Million Sale to Paloma
- Exxon to Continue Leaner Spending as Covid-19 Threat Lingers
- Oil Companies Got Their Hedges Clipped **MUST READ**
Global Market News
- OPEC+ To Add 400,000 Bpd In January Despite Oil Price Plunge
- Guyana To Become The 11th Country To Produce Over 1 Million Bpd
- Energy Crisis Claims Its Biggest Victim In The UK Yet
- OPEC+ Warns of Response as Biden Poised for Oil Reserve Release
- OPEC+ Vows To Respond If Countries Tap Their Oil Reserves
- Germany Urges Congress Not To Sanction Nord Stream 2
- Brazil’s Oil Major Plans To Invest $68 Billion In Boosting Production
- OPEC Misses Its Oil Production Target Once Again
- Oil Prices Projected To Hit $125 In 2022
- European Oil Majors Doubled Spending On Low-Carbon Energy Sources
- Could Suriname Become The Next Oil Hotspot In Latin America?
- Belarusian President Threatens To Halt Transit Of Energy Products From Russia
- UAE Sees No Logic in It Pumping More Oil Now, Says Energy Minister
- The Oil Industry Is Facing A Labor Shortage
- Hundreds Of UK Offshore Workers Set To Strike Next Week
- Job Growth Disappoints in November With Only 210,000 Jobs Added – the number was well below estimates
United States Rig Count
- UP 0 from last week for a total of 569
- Up 76.1% from one year ago
- Statistics courtesy of Baker Hughes
RARE PETRO Updates
Content Updates – News Pulse – Podcast
- Episode Seventeen of The Industry Leader Spotlight Podcast is available now! Be sure to check out our interview with Cary Stockdell, CEO of Stockdell Stringer Leadership Solutions!
- Curious about the facts and story behind the recent oil spill in California? Check out Part 1 and Part 2 of our series covering the story!
- A New Basin Breakdown for the month of October is available now! Be sure to check out the latest articles and Basin Breakdown Podcast!
- RARE PETRO is the tik talk of the town! Short-form content to educate both the public or industry professionals is available NOW! Check out our latest Tik Tok Video uncovering what Holywood does not understand about a blowout.
- RARE PETRO and Rainmaker GBD collaborate on a monthly newsletter highlighting everything you need to know about the energy sector. This is a video interview with RARE PETRO’s Anthony McDaniels as he speaks on the biggest stories and dives a little bit deeper into supporting data. Welcome to the second edition of “Side Chat”.
- Grab a drink and join us for our newest segment, Thirsty Thursday: An Inventory Report to see if we’ve been poured another tall glass of crude and whether or not the U.S. was thirsty enough to suck down another round.
- As Always, A New Monday Madness Podcast!
Click below to subscribe to the RARE
PETRO Podcast Network or visit
The information contained in this newsletter is provided by RARE
PETRO Engineering, PLLC via the linked sources unless otherwise